PR Intern, KR8 Agency | May 2023 – Aug. 2023
- Developed and executed PR strategy for client releases.
- Updated website and product descriptions on behalf of clients.
- Secured media placements for clients.
- Wrote pitches and press releases on behalf of clients.
- Coordinated and assisted on site for client interviews, photoshoots, and styling.
- Coordinated gifting on behalf of clients.
Intern, AM PR GROUP | Jan. 2023 – May 2023
- Developed media pitches, press releases, and client memos.
- Assisted account executives in developing strategies for clients.
- Researched media publications and contacts for client coverage.
- Coordinated and helped execute client events on the ground.
- Updated client status reports.
Project Manager, DineBlackLA | Nov. 2021 – Jan. 2023
- Developed marketing content for DineBlackLA’s website and newsletter.
- Managed and develop social media calendar.
- Conducted outreach to local media to gain press for DineBlackLA.
- Managed collaborations between city officials and other nonprofits to assist in meal delivery.
- Supported planning for in person events.
- Supported restaurant campaigns by performing research, conducting outreach to a curated list of restaurant owners.
Brand Fellow, SHAVONE. + Future of Creatives | Apr. 2022 – Aug. 2022
- Supported brand campaigns by performing research, conducting outreach to a curated list of brands and managing brand relations.
- Managed and organized press + campaign clippings for SHAVONE.’s EPK.
- Led content development strategy for SHAVONE.’s social media and brand presence.
- Served as lead coordinator for in-person events (AFRICON, Essence Festival)
- Assisted in photoshoots, conferences, and interviews.
- Developed marketing strategy for SHAVONE.’s Black Internet Effect Book Release.
Website Designer, Aeternus Dance Company | Apr. 2022 – Jun. 2022
- Plan site design, theme, functionality and navigation of website for Aeternus Dance Company.
- Curate photos, videos, and artist interviews.
- Organize choreographed works and collaborators.
AmeriCorps Fellow, Destination Crenshaw | Jun. 2021 – Oct. 2021
- Created partnerships with local organizations like LISC LA and DineBlackLA to facilitate participation and investment in Crenshaw small businesses and creative economies.
- Interviewed small business owners and develop content for the #FacesofBlackLA campaign.
- Led content development for monthly newsletters, flyers for the DC Thrive initiative, and events in South LA across Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Kept track of audience engagements via Hootsuite and increased engagement by 20%.
- Met weekly with the Communications team to strategize on social media rollouts.
- Pitches & Press Releases
- Social Media Curation (Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Asana, Wix, WordPress
- Brand Development & Strategy
- Data Analysis
- Visual Storytelling
- Event Curation & Planning
- Website Design
@2023 Jillian Byrdsong, Powered by WordPress